Party bounced my cheque which was given for security purpose

I have given blank cheques for security purpose and after I resigned they are claiming to pay a sum of amount and I am talking to the main brach to resolve my issue and the talkings are still going on, but suddenly I got a call that I have received some notice and I am not there in home and I didn't receive the notice yet, within how many days that I need to take the notice and how can I defend my self in this issue

Answers (1)

53 votes

Dear Sir
In your case do you have any evidence about those empty cheques issued to your employer. if you have there is no problem.
About receipt of notices, you can avoid that soe time, but it is not adviseble, if notice comes to your address, you receive it and engage the counsel and approach the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I worked in a software company where i have paid Rs.1 lakh as a security deposit in which he returned me Rs.82,500 in monthly installments for a perio…

Read More

i issued a security cheques from a company. company closed and case is filed against directors u/s 138 ni after 150 days from cheque return. Can we fi…

Read More

A person claiming to be an agent had taken money from me promising to get my son a PG medical seat in 2016. He asked an advance payment and I transfer…

Read More

I have filled a cheque bounce case on a person and he is trying to go abroad can he go abroad without settling the case I have all the evidences that …

Read More