One year delay to file 138 case what can be done

After one year from cheque bounce can we file the cheque bounce case under sec 138 of NIA 1881. under section 142 c of NIA 1881 can we file case with delay condonation application.

Answers (2)

192 votes

Yes you can file the complaint with a delay condonation application but you have to show sufficient cause for not filing the same within the period of limitation. You have to satisfy the court that the delay was not on account of any dilatory tactics, want of bona fides, deliberate inaction or negligence on the part of the complainant.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

78 votes

Dear client u have to file case under 138 of n i act within 60 days from cheque bounce date. After one year of cheque bounce date u cannot file case. U can file civil case for recovery of money. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil


Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles