Non CTS Cheque got returned due to RBI Guidelines

• I had an agreement with my brother and Sister In-law on 16/08/2013 that against my share in my parental property they will give me Rs X lakh each. • They had issued me cheques dated 16/08/2014 and promised me to pay me Rs X lakh on or before 16/8/2014. • Breaching our trust they disposed off the property without my knowledge and did not paid me my share which was agreed earlier. • I deposited the said cheque on 13/11/2014 (Thursday),exactly 3 months from the date of cheque, as it was a Non-CTS cheque it got delayed by the bank as per RBI guidelines the frequence of Non –CTS cheques were reduced from weekly twice to weekly once i.e. Mondays from 01/11/2014. • The cheque was only produced to the head branch on Monday i.e. 17/11/2014, at the time it was outdated and it was returned. • This got me stuck with the legal proceedings. Any one out there who can help me with this case, I would be really grateful

Answers (2)

318 votes

The fact that the cheque was presented within three months is good enough to show that it was presented well within time . Further you can file a case for criminal breach of trust against them coupled with cheating . Rest can be discussed over a call. Feel free to contact me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

194 votes

The cheque is not outdated because the only thing that needs to be considered is the presentation of the cheque at the bank. Time taken for sending the cheque for clearance has no relevance in the matter.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles