No invoice against bounced cheque. Can i still go to court?

I had a verbal agreement with someone and i was supposed to receive money from them, in exchange for which they gave me two blank cheques. Now they have refused to pay me, so can i deposit these cheques in bank one after the other to make it bounce and take legal action? But I do not have any invoice to prove the outstanding balance. Because the person said he does not have money in account, there is no point in depositing. However, it's been months now and i want to threaten him with legal action. Please advise.

Answers (2)

137 votes

138 case is a criminal summary trial and in which you have to put best and strong evidence on trail so that you can recover your cheque amount and as well he will be prosecuted and punish with imprisonment
and also if there is oral conversation and opposite party pleades guilty he may be convicted on same day


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

Dear Sir,

You have any written document regarding this matter (any agreement, contract, Deed) .

I want to discuss with you this matter briefly. If you want to do same call me & visit my office for detail consulting.

Thank you & waiting for your reply.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

As I lost my job since one year I am unable to pay all emis please help me what should i do.…

Read More

A person takes a loan of Rs. 5 lakhs and as a security he gives a cheque for Rs. 5 lakh. Subsequently he fails to repay the loan and the cheque is dep…

Read More

after closing of evidence of complainant matter is kept for accused statement under section 313 of crpc.but accused can not appear before the court fo…

Read More

Convicted in Cheque bounce case/ paid cheque bounce amount with penalty/ also punished for TRC. As per my bank cheque never presented. Can i go for a…

Read More