Moneylender refusing to return blank cheque even after payment of loan

sir I had given a signed blank cheque to moneylander and tooked 6 lac rupees and I had returned him amount in cash now he refuses to return cheque he goes on harassing me please answer me what should I do

Answers (3)

106 votes

A cheque can be presented any number of times during the period of its validity by payee. On each presentation of the cheque and its dishonour a fresh right – and not cause of action – accrues in his favour. He may, therefore, without taking pre-emptory action in exercise of his such right under Cl (b) of sec. 138, go on presenting the cheque so as to enable him to exercise such right at any point of time during the validity of the cheque.”

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

First of all the money you have taken from moneylender has he have paid you the said amount in cash or through cheque. And secondly have u obtained any signature from him that he had received some or whole amount. And lastly have u paid all the money in the presence of any witness and do one thing you stop payment the cheque by giving written application to your bank on the ground that the whole cheque book has been lost and I have signed some cheque.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
88 votes

If he has not presented the cheque in the bank you can write an application for missing of cheque or cancellation of cheque stating the cheque number also do you have any documented evidence or any other evidence to say that u have taken money and given him back. If so then you can approach the court.bfor ny further help approach me. Ty

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles