Legal validity of blank cheques signed by a minor child

My son 19yrs old psychiatric patient.issued signed blank cheques to his friend when he was minor. Now he is blackmailing him. Is minor cheques are valid now?

What a gurdian ? you know your son is a psychiatric patient, why you open a Bank Account for him not only that, you received also a Cheque Book ? Look, when cheque book is issued the Bank Manager or Bank Authority did not know who is such type of patient or not. It is the duty of a person to secure his/her cheque book from any third person. If you or your son sign on a cheque then law presume there has some liability against the said cheque. But in your situation, my advise is to go before the Police Station with your son and his entire medical papers, cheque Books etc and lodged complaint against said friend immediately. Otherwise, it will be a lost case.