Legal consequences of cheque bounce if cheque was taken forcefully

I have issued a cheque & later on I requested for the stopped payment for it because it was taken from me forcefully in a pressure. If the cheque is bounced the is there any possibility that the other party can take any legal action against me under section 138. Please advise accordingly. Thanks & regards.

In my considered opinion if the cheque has bounced then the other party has all the rights to file an application under section 138 N. I. Act. However...you can give him a written notice and also give a notice to your bank Explaining your position and bona-fide... So that if at all.... Later any application is filed... Then in reply thereto.. You can annex that notice of yours... If need be I can draft your notice..