Legal consequences of cheque bounce if cheque was taken forcefully

I have issued a cheque & later on I requested for the stopped payment for it because it was taken from me forcefully in a pressure. If the cheque is bounced the is there any possibility that the other party can take any legal action against me under section 138. Please advise accordingly. Thanks & regards.

Answers (1)

In my considered opinion if the cheque has bounced then the other party has all the rights to file an application under section 138 N. I. Act. can give him a written notice and also give a notice to your bank Explaining your position and bona-fide... So that if at all.... Later any application is filed... Then in reply thereto.. You can annex that notice of yours... If need be I can draft your notice..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

My mother is getting metally harassed by the financial officer by talking in loud voices and calling again and again by the officer for the repayment …

Read More

I had presented a postdated cheque at my bank and it was returned saying there’s no balance in the drawer's account. When I asked for a cheq…

Read More

1. We provided a cheque to party (“payee”) and it bounced with the bank notation “insufficient fund” within the cheque validit…

Read More

In one case cheque is bounced the due to the reason that the bank merged with another bank. Can a case be filed under Negotiable Instruments act in th…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue