Landlord returned the security money through cheque which get bounced

I was living in bangalore last month due to some assignment I have to leave that city.I was living in a house which was on a lease taken by couplenest Inc. The retuned half of my security after deducting amount in cheque bt that to is bounced.

You can file cheque bounce case against landlord by stating your transaction for which cheque has been given within stipulation period and that cheque can be presented within 3 months and after issuance notice of cheque bounce and you have Wait 15 days from date of receipt of said notice, thereafter within 30 days you have to file case