landlord put false case of non payment of rent and cheque bounce

Sir I have rented a property for 24000 in June 2014 and kept that for 4 months I also had many disputes with landlord and then I had given a cheque dated 10 September and asked him to not deposit in bank as I had some money issue, later on 16 September 2014 had send 24000 to his bank account through rtgs and then he refused to give back cheque and deposited that cheque in Dec 2014 which got bounced and he had filled a 138ni act case. Now in august during jirah he had said I have rented the property for 4 months and I had shown all 4 payments . and showed the payment was done after 6 days of issuing the cheque... And why he had kept that cheque for 2 months ... Later on he has also filled a case against me in civil saying I had not paid the rent for four more months that he is saying I rented the property for 8 months ... What I can do in civil as my case is strong in 138 no act

Answers (1)

106 votes

in case of civil suit you can show any bill or anything which will clearly declare that you have been living as a tenant only for 4 months with your landlord.
show the court the remaining 3 months payment(if made through cheque the cheque or if made through RTGS the RTGS or any other mode, if there is no proof of any payment made to the landlord then, contact me ..........................) which will clearly satisfied the court that you have been living as a tenant for 4 months.

You can also plead before the court that the landlord wants to extract illegal money from you....... (then told about the last payment made through cheque of 24,000/- which was stooped to be place before the bank by you, then you transfered the payment............................................and all)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles