Invested 10 lac in a company gave cheque which got bounced

I had invested Rs 10L in a construction company in Chandigarh, Punjab in march 2016. The company has issued PDC for monthly interest and principal amount. The interest cheques started bouncing from Sep17. The company sent a letter not to present the cheques as it is facing finacial problems and issues will be resolved and payment will be made by June18. The principal cheque is to be presented on 31st Mar18. Now should I present the cheque allow it to bounce and file a cheque bounce case OR to wait upto June18 as intimated by the company. If a case is to be filed what would be the expences and best a lawers in Bengaluru for such case,

Answers (1)

Please note that there are specific timelines to be followed for a cheque bounce case. As you must be aware a cheque is valid for 90 days from the date mentioned on it and after that it becomes invalid/stale. Once a cheque is dishonoured a legal notice is to be issued within 30 days of dishonour and the other side is given 15 days from receipt of notice to make payment. Should the payment not come through in the 15 days, you get 30 days from the 16th day to file the case. It would be advisable to start depositing the cheques rather than waiting till June since there is no guarantee of the company's financial position. Further, the jurisdiction of the court would depend on where the cheque the cheque is deposited.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

One of our client's cheques are frequently bouncing. We want to take legal action against him regarding the same. …

Read More

A case (criminal proceeding) under NIA was filed in 2013 by a money lender against a bounced cheque of Rs. 500000 at District court at Agra. The fact …

Read More

A few people forced me to sign a blank cheque by force. They have filled the amount of 10 lakhs and i dont have this much of balance in my account. th…

Read More

When accused is abcsond since one year & court issue notice against surety to produce the accused but he failed can court issue r/w against surety…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue