Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Inability to pay off debt as person who duped 2.5cr in jail

i have been duped for 2.7 cr in my business 2 years back, and the person who did this is in jail and is in no condition to give me my debts. the material i sold him was taken from various other distributors, with whom i am doing business from last 20 years. now they have filed cheque bounce cases against me, i want to pay them, but i can not pay in full as well i cant pay in one stroke,shop is in my mothers name,and we are much panicked because of these cases in various cities. My questions 1 Will court agree if i offer to pay in installments that too not full amount, and installments will also be of much lesser amounts than the cheque amounts are? 2 If not, will they sent my mother to jail, we being genuine? 3 How much maximum time court can offer us to pay the amounts? 4 Will there be any consideration of our problems, our lives and our future in the cases filed against us? i cant pay in full because i dont have any property left neither any other income source,

Answers (2)

1. Court may agree. Your lawyer will need to strongly put up your case.

2. No Mother will not be jailed. Court will have consideration.

3. Granting of time will subject to agreement between parties.

4. Consideration will be given but your Lawyer will be strongly required to advocate facts on your behalf.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Friend,
Its a bad sign of fortune that you have issued cheque and the respective cheque will be bounced back as i can see its a matter in different state better is you can call your client and pay them little amount and issue the remeaning amount fresh cheque

Another Option is go for Insolvency

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2500
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

Dear Sir, I have lend some money to one shop keeper!!partial part given by check & Partial cash & Took one check of amount 20000 & Other t…

Read More

Three partners running a trading Company AOP for stock trading and derivatives trading.collected funds from different people. Three people made invest…

Read More

My friend had taken money from me as loan now in returning back money he had given me the cheque which is bounce and this happen with me four times hi…

Read More

I am a accused, but complainant given cash to my colleague and taken letter from him. I have no idea about this. But complainant misused my cheque and…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue