If cheque payment stop by drawer can I raise FIR.

In Cheque Bounce Law
If Cheque Payment Stop By Drawer Can I Raise Fir.?

Answers (3)

81 votes

No it's a criminal case you have issue notice for recovery and court will provide you best remedy regards that amount. Or if is enabled to pay debt then punishable and double the amount of CHQ what u have

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

286 votes

if payment is stopped by drawer of a cheque which was issued against legally recoverable debt or liability then the person can certainly file an FIR for offense of cheating . But Better remedy will be to pursue the relief under NI Act and for that you have to send a legal notice withing 30 days from date of return memo so it will be better to contact a lawyer immidiately.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience
205 votes

Yes you can but for raising an FIR there should be some cheating on the part of drawer of the cheque. It totally depends on the facts of the case. However, you should initiate a cheque bounce case any ways

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles