How can I take a legal action against a person who is absconded

26-Mar-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
Dear Sir, I have lend some money to one shop keeper!!partial part given by check & Partial cash & Took one check of amount 20000 & Other two are blank!!but now accused is not at home Or shop!!he is go away & put his phone switch off!!now what can i take as legal action against him!!
Answers (2)

Answer #1
1000 votes

In my opinion, you should deposit those cheques and then initiate legal proceedings for dishonor of the cheques. With respect to the cash amount, you should first file a police complaint. Also, please let me know if these blank cheques are signed or not. And also whether this was a friendly loan or out of a legal debt.

Thank you.
Answer #2
1000 votes
Carry all the details pertaining to the amount of money you have lender to such person and the details of part payment made by such person to yourself at your areas police station and register an FIR against such person. After which, the police shall have to arrest, detain or make that person present within 24 hours to the concerned court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."