Gave money to person who gave cheque in return wants to recover money

I gave 2lakh rupees to one person he gave cheque to the proof now he will return my money so i drop the cheque yesterday how i can proceed he cheats me so i want file case

Answers (3)

165 votes

In the event of the cheque bouncing, you can file a cheque bounce case under section 138 NI.
There are some rules for filing a cheque bounce case.
a) Issue a legal notice within 15 days from date of bouncing of cheque.
b) the other person will get 30 days to pay you the money.
c) if the other person does not pay you with in 45 days from date of bouncing of cheque, you will need to file a cheque bounce under Section 138 of Negotiable instruments act within 60 days from the date of bouncing of cheque.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

339 votes

Sir/ Madam, If the so called cheque gets dishonuired for want of funds then you should immediately serve a legal notice within 30 days and give 15 days time to repay and if he does not repay the amount then you should file a cheque bounce case....But fsending legal notice within 3o days from date of cheque bounce is mandatory..

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
278 votes

File a cheque bounce case... Before that you have to get a returned memo from bank and within 15 days you have to give notice through counsel then within 30 days you have to file case otherwise you have to file recovery suit within 3 years by paying court fee.. so it is better to take criminal action by filing cheque bounce case for immediate relief of recovery of paid amount..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can the above Company be sued under Sec 138, as their Cheque dated 21.09.2017 has bounced for an amount of Rs 1.5 lakh, given as security for the prin…

Read More

An advisory firm had taken undated cheque at the time of joining.and put me in a illegal dept. Which I got know later.and sebi has also banned them fo…

Read More

Hello, one of my friend have opened a Pvt ltd company ( 1 year back) and he took a hotel on lease which was bounded with his company, to run that hote…

Read More

After issuing a notice and lodging cheque bounce case in court, What are the steps going with in 1st court session??…

Read More