Gave cheque to father. 3rd Person asking for money else will file case

Recently my father expired. My father had borrowed 3-4 lacs from one person. Now person with interest is asking 10-12 lacs. Now he is saying that he has some cheques from my account. But i only gave cheque to my father. Now the person is asking me to pay money else he file get the cheques dishonored and will file cheque bounce and cheating case on me. What to do?

Answers (1)

157 votes

First check the status of the missing and unknown cheques issued from your account. If you are able to find the cheques - file a signed cheque missing complaint with bank. Alternatively you should file a criminal complaint of blackmail - for details discussion on strategy for this please feel free to contact my office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles