Client cheque bounce in chandigarh Branch

In Cheque Bounce Law
My bank account is in delhi branch, But the cheque (which I received from other party) bounced and I deposited it in Chandigarh branch for clearance.\n\nCan I send a notice and file case against cheque bounce in my home branch city (delhi court) ?

Answers (5)

329 votes

Yes you may choose to file the case in Delhi as the principal branch is in Delhi. You will need to mention the jurisdiction clearly in your criminal complaint under section 138 of the NI Act. Feel free to get in touch to discuss further.

Adv. Abhinav Sharma

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

69 votes

any particular reason you deposited the said cheque in the chandigarh branch?
yes you can send a notice and file the case in Delhi as jurisdiction will be based on the area where the bank account of the complainant is situated.
however you need to explain why you decided to get the cheque bounced by depositing it in the other branch.
for further queries please feel free to contact

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
319 votes

Yes, you can send a notice from your home city (Delhi) as your place of business/residence is in Delhi, the Jurisdiction is applicable in both Delhi and Chandigarh. May I ask what was the reason you deposited the cheque in the Chandigarh branch if your bank's branch is in Delhi itself?

348 votes

The jurisdiction of the cheque dishonoured case would be according to the main branch of your account, that means where u opened the account and if you haven’t got that bank account transferred anywhere else!
Kindly b in touch to understand the legalities

172 votes

Yes, it is settled law that in a cheque bounce case jurisdiction is conferred upon the court within whose territorial jurisdiction the home branch of the recipient lies.

Please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles