Client cheque bounce in chandigarh Branch

In Cheque Bounce Law
My bank account is in delhi branch, But the cheque (which I received from other party) bounced and I deposited it in Chandigarh branch for clearance.\n\nCan I send a notice and file case against cheque bounce in my home branch city (delhi court) ?

Yes you may choose to file the case in Delhi as the principal branch is in Delhi. You will need to mention the jurisdiction clearly in your criminal complaint under section 138 of the NI Act. Feel free to get in touch to discuss further.

Regards
Adv. Abhinav Sharma

any particular reason you deposited the said cheque in the chandigarh branch?
yes you can send a notice and file the case in Delhi as jurisdiction will be based on the area where the bank account of the complainant is situated.
however you need to explain why you decided to get the cheque bounced by depositing it in the other branch.
for further queries please feel free to contact

Yes, you can send a notice from your home city (Delhi) as your place of business/residence is in Delhi, the Jurisdiction is applicable in both Delhi and Chandigarh. May I ask what was the reason you deposited the cheque in the Chandigarh branch if your bank's branch is in Delhi itself?

The jurisdiction of the cheque dishonoured case would be according to the main branch of your account, that means where u opened the account and if you haven’t got that bank account transferred anywhere else!
Kindly b in touch to understand the legalities

Yes, it is settled law that in a cheque bounce case jurisdiction is conferred upon the court within whose territorial jurisdiction the home branch of the recipient lies.

Please feel free to contact me for further assistance.