cheque returned for signature mismatch. Can we take them to court?

we have been engaged as installation contract by a Bangalore Firm and we have billed them to the tune of 4.3 lakhs, they have issued cheque dated 02/09/2015 for Rs.40000/- which returned for signature mismatch and since then we are following for payment but no response. can we take them to court

Answers (1)

268 votes

Hi, with in 30 days of the dishonour of the cheque you have to issue a legal notice to them and thereafter you have to file a complaint under section 138 of the Negotiable Instrument Act before the Magistrate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles