quesCheque Payment stopped and Now Not Agreeing to pay.

Hi! I am a Wedding Photographer , I did a wedding photography contract in delhi and took 50% payment in advance and the rest should be given to me later with all the deliverable's but my client payed me half of the amount by cash and rest by cheque and took all the deliverable's but the cheque was stopped next day and i couldn't get my payment . And Now he never picks my call and even he's not giving me my hard drives where we keep all our backups. what should i do , I gave them a contract before wedding but they never signed it . Am i doomed or have chance to get my Payment back .

  • ans

    Your query is silent when was your cheque bounced? Is period of 45 days have expired?

    If no, then you can send a legal notice to the accused under Section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act thereby stating in case they fail to make the payment you will file 138 criminal complaint and under Section 420 IPC before appropriate forum.

    Further you can further file a summary suit under Order 37 rule 2 thereby seeking a decree for recovery of said amount

  • ansHi you can send him a notice initially if you want asking for the balance payment and the Hard drive and if he doesn't pay then file a suit or in the alternative file a suit against him. Since he had issues you a cheque, he is liable to pay and the onus would be on him.

    Advocate Diva Arora Menon

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • ansYou need to file a section 138 proceeding against them. The starting point is sending a legal notice. Consult a lawyer asap.

    Advocate Dhruv Suri

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Send/Reply To Legal Notice For Cheque Bounce With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Cheque Bounce Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir My company issue me cheque for full n final payment. When I present in…
sir i given my cheque to friend for a loan amount of Rs 150000 five…
My husband have mcx buisness..some case against me him under 420 406..he got expired..now the…
Cheque has been submitted once and it has been bounced. Now to resubmit it again…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly