cheque dishoniured - way to recover funds

sir, nowadays lots of people dishonour cheques & are than avoiding to get it cleared... pls suggest a way or explain what's the law for cheque dishonour ???

Answers (3)

88 votes

hello you can kindly mention in detail what exactly you want to know about the cheque dishonour and whether you want to file a case or anyone else have a file case on you under 138 of N.I Act kindly give details about what all information you want from us
thanking you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

311 votes

Legal notice through should be served within 30 days from the date of dishonour of cheque.
After the expiry of 15 days from service of notice complaint can be filed before competent court if the cheque is not honored even after service of notice.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
324 votes

dishonour of cheque is offence under negotiable instrument act, there is proceeding specified under the same for taking action against accused in such cases.

kindly contact for details.

Thank you,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles