Cheque bounce case filed against me after I lost the cheque

22-Apr-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
My signed cheque was lost 6 months ago. So i have stopped its payment through bank. After 6 months some other person used that cheque and he fired a case under 138 act as bank gave the reason of insufficient balance. But the true reason was stopped payment. What is the solution? Should I involve bank whi gave wrong reason?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
815 votes
You have no any legal right to file complaint against the bank.
Bank has first to see that the amount mention in the cheque should be in your account and if not then bank has right to say the reason for insufficient balance. If balance available then has to go any further intimation and give the reason that cheque stopped by the drawer.
Some bank direct write down that reason also and it's depend upon the bank
Answer #2
687 votes
i think you have recieved notice from any advocate before file this case in court and you do not denied his notice.butnw o present before court through lawyer and collect case paper.than you know all detail.than after you may proceed.
Answer #3
898 votes
Respected Sir,
As per the information provided by you, the only thing you are required to do is that, if the case has been registered against you, then we will file the appearance and then show the court that the real reason is this with supoorting documents. unless and until it gets resolved through court, if case is lodged, it wont get resolved otherwise.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."