can I file a Cheque bounce case on behalf of my son who is not india

My Son entered into an agreement with a builder for interest on investment. Builder's cheque has bounced. My Son is not in India, can I as father & one of the witness to the Agreement file a case under Negotiable Instrument Act against the builder

Answers (2)

158 votes

yes you can but for that you have to take authorization of your son that you are go the case that because he lives outstation that why you are going for this case and for that you have to attach the forign job or what he is doing outside for what work.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

282 votes

Yes, you can file a complaint before the Jurisdictional magistrate provided you need to obtain a General Power of Attorney from your son for filing of complaints and related issues. First you need to issue a legal notice through your advocate and thereafter you need to file a complaint.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles