Can a person go abroad without settling a cheque bounce case

08-May-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
I have filled a cheque bounce case on a person and he is trying to go abroad can he go abroad without settling the case I have all the evidences that he has taken the money
Answers (3)

Answer #1
655 votes
if he has appeared in court and got bail tjan he has to follow terms and conditions of the bail. if he has not appeared in the court than can request to the court fot short date and if does not appear you can request to the court to issue n.b.w. agaist him compell him to appear in court.

Answer #2
723 votes
if you have filed the case try to get the service of summon be done upon the accused, if he does not appear arrest warrant will be issued get the same executed taking personal burden. if he still chose to fly he will be declared a offender. after which he cant be got arrested at anytime by police and that offence is non bailable. at the same time send a notice for recovery for money . That way there will be double action.
this way there will be sufficient pressure upon him to pay .
Answer #3
651 votes
As cheque bounce case is a complaint/summon case, where under a maximum punishment of Two years has been prescribed. If the accused has appeared in the case before the Court, you can request the Court to get his passport deposited as you are apprehending his evading trial. If you can satisfy the Court, it can be done, However, if he has not appeared before the Court, there is no procedure whereby, you can stop him from going abroad.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."