Blank cheque deposited with payment more than the loan taken

I have taken a friendly loan of Rs. 50,000/- and given a blank cheque as a security. Now that person has himself filled the cheque for 9 lakh rs and got it bounce. He send me a legal notice stating that he has given me 9 lakh Rs , some through bank transfer and some through cash. But this is false. Neither he has given any amount in cash nor he has any proof for that. He is clearly saying that he will bring false witness for this. I haven't received any cheque photocopy or anything like complaint copy. What shall I do? Can I file a counter case of blackmailing and cheque forgery in him?? Should I have to appear for the first hearing?? Or my lawyer will do with his presence.

Answers (3)

338 votes

Hello dear client,
First of all you should apply for bail and make yourself in safe condition.
Then try to negotiate and if negotiation fails then try to counter it with another case..
All the very best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

Believing your version completely, I understand that the person has no proof of lending you RS 900000/- . I suggest you first appear in the matter and contest it. You can apply for the certified copies of the documents that he has filed once you are present in the file through a lawyer.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
69 votes

You need not worry.... since he has no proof of the payment of Rs. 9lakh therefore he doesnt not have a good case without supporting evidence... on the contrary the bank transfer if any will act as a proof in your favour... I would rather suggest you to apper for the first hearing and then move an application before the concerned judge for exemption for personal appearance. Regarding filing of a counter complain you can definitely file a conter complaint against him but you should have evidence of the same. In case you need any further help let me know.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles