Bailable warrant for Cheque bounce case

In Cheque Bounce Law
Would a Bailable warrant be cancelled if the bank withdraws the case? Would it be cancelled if a settlement is done with the bank and the settlement amount is paid? Do I have to be present in the court if a settlement is done and amount is paid before the hearing date? If I have to be present in the court after the amount is paid, will I have to consult a Lawyer to inform the court that a settlement has been done and complainant should cancel the warrant? Would this warrant be a stigma for me for my entire life? I can't afford to pay a lawyer, so request you to please advice. Thank you.

Answers (3)

75 votes

So many questions. See if you have reached settlement with the complainant then it is better that you appear before the court once along with the complainant and your counsel, sign a settlement pursis and get the case withdrawn in your presence

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

204 votes

if you don't want to appear before court.. you may require to engage local lawyer in the jurisdiction of court where you reside, who will make appropriate application to court and cancell the warrent. sometime you will have to accompany your lawyer to do these exercise.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
129 votes

component is not the one who issues the bailable warrant but the court issues the bailable warrant on next date when you appear before the court submit an application to cancel the warrant and also mention before the court that the settlement is done between you and the complainant.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles