Advice for defaulter in a cheque bounce case

Hi, three months ago, I gave cheque to one marble trader of Rs. 30,000, but I could not make the payment. The drawer threatened me today that he is going to file case on me regarding the same. Could you advice me on this. Looking forward for your response

Answers (3)

267 votes

Dear Client,
Why did you give cheque for Rs. 30,000/-. Whether you issued the cheque for purchase of marble or towards security. If it is for purchase of marble then he will get bounced the cheque and file criminal case against you for recovery of trade debt due to him and also for punishing your for dishonour of cheque. If it is for security purpose then you may project your case. After getting notice consult advocate for further action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes


Make the payment at the earliest else he may send a legal notice to you within 30 days from the date of receiving “Cheque Return Memo” from the bank. He will mention in the notice that the cheque amount has to be paid to him within 15 days from the date of receipt of the notice by you. If you fail to make fresh payment within 30 days of receiving the notice, he has the right to file a cheque bounce case against you under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
177 votes

Hi.. First of all have you taken anything from him ,in return of that you have issued cheque or not ?? ..If you have taken any goods from him , kindly return and settle the issue ,if you have not taken any thing from that trader , immediately file a complaint near by conserned police station and issue legal notice to that trader ...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My firm give security blank chaque issue eyar present this chaque in year feb-2018.chaque dishounar . Then company file case dishounar …

Read More

I have an agreement with a construction company that they will pay 20% interest on my amount and they gave post dated cheques for all the amount they …

Read More

Sir Main Emower Facility Management Ssecurity Supervisor tha mujhe 670/..ka Bearer Cheque Issue kiya Lekin Cheque Bounce Hogua Dobaa…

Read More

i have a issued a chq of Rs.62000 for some purchase by a company with the promise to help me resale the product and if its cannot be sold within 6 mon…

Read More