Civil Proceeding Can Be Intimated If The Party Is Insolvency

In Bankruptcy / Insolvency Law
Can a Civil Proceeding Can Be Initiated against a party who is going under insolvency proceedings ? Or Civil Proceeding Can Be Initiated against a party who is declared by the court insolvent? Please let me know this at earliest.

Answers (1)

185 votes
If you wish to recover money from a party who is undergoing Insolvency then you need to file your claim with the resolution professional appointed by NCLT. Once a company/personal guarantor is undergoing Insolvency then civil proceedings cannot proceed against it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Bankruptcy / Insolvency Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Bankruptcy / Insolvency Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."