What is the legal procedure to declare myself as insolvent

I was running a hotel business for the past five years. I have lost more than a crore. I have borrowed loan from pvt financiers and car and credit card loans from Hdfc bank and housing loan from SHFL. SHFL housing loan got NPA. Now I’m popper. The pvt financiers have threatened me and my family. My children are studying in fourth & fifth standard, I quit Chennai with my children education just Because of the pvt financiers threatening.Can I declare Insolvent? What is the legal procedure? Plz explain

Answers (1)

58 votes

In the light of the facts stated, you have to consult your local lawyer and arrange to file an application under the relevant provisions of the Insolvency Act. After filing the application, you may send copies to all your creditors.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles