Third party application for stay of auction of property by the bank

A property development company had mortgaged a set of plots including mine by way of deposit of title deed before completion of construction to a bank . As a buyer. the plot duly registered in my name by the company under a composite sale of land , development and construction agreement and Sale deed for the land area. The property is under my continuous occupation for four years. Payment in full paid by me as per executed agreement direct to the company . For continuous default in remittance / settlement of loan , the bank invoked SARFEASI Act u/s 13(4) against the company and displayed possession notice in my property besides other properties held under DoTD. There is no privity of contract between myself and the bank. Can I challenge the possession and stay of auction of my property by moving DRT as a Third party against the bank . What are the legal remedies to protect my property and cost involved .

Answers (1)

Banks finance real estate developers against the security of the property proposed to be developed. As and when a plot is sold, the financing bank will release its mortgage over that particular plot at the time of registration, only if the entire sale proceeds are deposited with the bank. Try to resolve the issue with the promoter and the bank. Legally, the bank has a strong case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I purchased a financed car from the owner and paid all amount in cheque of 3,50,000 and with agreement on it, And i asked for the BANK NOC but the pre…

Read More

I and my had lost our .we did not have job for last 5-6 months.I have ICICI and HDFC personal loan going on but i am not able to pay the EMI due to fi…

Read More

For availing residential housing loan it is understood that the bank can keep my property title deed in original with them. But my bankers are asking …

Read More

I had a credit card from SBI. and due to poor customer service, I decided to close my account. It's been 4 - 5 months since my account is closed …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue