Private bank seized my saving account without informing me

I have saving account with a bank in bangalore. they freezed my account without informing me in september 2014. when i visited to branch they said that we found suspicious transaction in your account and the person who has made deposit in your account has made complaint against those deposit that is why we had to freeze your account. now they are asking for Source of credit letter and Nature of transaction letter with supporting documentary prroof. My question is this that how they can freeze mu account without informing me. and what document should i need to submit. please help me.

Dear Querist,
What were you doing from September 2014. Ideally, Bank should have given you notice and asked you for an explanation and thereafter they should have taken action, having not done there is deficiency of service, they have believed the person who is not their customer. Having said that, you should also prove that the transactions are genuine and able to explain the source of funds with documentary evidence. Normally for filing a case before the consumer court for deficiency of services the limitation period is 1 year.

Pratap, Advocate

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

New Friends Colony, Delhi