Private bank seized my saving account without informing me

I have saving account with a bank in bangalore. they freezed my account without informing me in september 2014. when i visited to branch they said that we found suspicious transaction in your account and the person who has made deposit in your account has made complaint against those deposit that is why we had to freeze your account. now they are asking for Source of credit letter and Nature of transaction letter with supporting documentary prroof. My question is this that how they can freeze mu account without informing me. and what document should i need to submit. please help me.

Answers (1)

124 votes

Dear Querist,
What were you doing from September 2014. Ideally, Bank should have given you notice and asked you for an explanation and thereafter they should have taken action, having not done there is deficiency of service, they have believed the person who is not their customer. Having said that, you should also prove that the transactions are genuine and able to explain the source of funds with documentary evidence. Normally for filing a case before the consumer court for deficiency of services the limitation period is 1 year.

Pratap, Advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
11 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles