Defaulter in a personal loan in UAE abudhabi

Dear sir, I had been worked Abudhabi UAE. and got personal loan from standard chartered bank for 4 years payback period. Meanwhile my company had no more projects so they sent back me to india. around 2years i was in india and somehow paid my loan dues without fail. But Since april 2017 I couldn't able to make payment due to heavy loss in my business too. also made more loans from private finances with higher interest. Now, some agency People(Bilkish) contact on behalf of concerned UAE bank(like that they are mailing) and calling(threatening) to my family members. So please kindly advice me to get rid of this frustrated stress through legally

Answers (1)

321 votes

You have admitted your liability. If you are unable to repay the loan on account of any genuine financial difficulty beyond your control, negotiate with the bank and ask for a settlement. Banks' recovery agents are governed by RBI guidelines (on Direct Recovery Agents). If there is any violation of the guidelines, you have legal recourse against the bank and its recovery agents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles