Credit card dues recovery coercion from bank what to do

I was issued an AMEX UNLIMITED Gold card in 2012. However, my then employed requested me to transfer a payment of Rs. 4.25 lacs to a supplier with the promise of refunding me the amount which never happened. Thereafter, as the company closed, I became jobless for three years from 2013-2015. In the end of 2015, I got employment in an IT firm in Noida. Now, I am still working there. Recently, the bank tracked me using my PAN No. and called me up in my office landline no. I have no intention to be a defaulter as it is affecting my CIBIL, therefore, I proposed to pay the entire dues without any settlement but in installments as per my means. I have proof that after meeting my expenses, I cannot save more than 5000/- per month, therefore, I offered to start repayment @5000/- p.m. as a minimum guarantee and whenever possible I shall pay more to clear the dues as soon as possible. But the bank is threatening to pay Rs 5,24,000 within 3 days or face humiliation at your office. Please advise.

Answers (1)

211 votes

Sir, If the agents are not ready for negotiations, you can file a complaint with bank and Banking ombudsman. Some guidelines have been set which they are bound to follow. They can not extort money with coercion.

Now send a legal notice for recovery of dues drafted by an expert lawyer in your city at affordable cost.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
11 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles