excess amount recovery by cpao without any written intimation

10-Jun-2024 (In Armed Forces Tribunal Law)
My mother retired in 2018 and has been receiving her pension since then. Suddenly, after five years, a significant amount was debited from her account. she was informed over the phone by the pension dept that she had been receiving an excess pension each month, and the deducted amount was meant to recover this overpayment. This unexpected financial burden has put us in a difficult situation, especially as we are currently in the middle of renovating our flat. We are seeking guidance on this
Answers (2)

Answer #1
974 votes
We can file a case in appropriate forum depending upon the organisation or department your mother has been receiving the pension. As Hon’ble Supreme Court has settled a law that any extra payment made by the department on its own mistake and without any fraud or misrepresentation by the party then department can’t seek the recovery later. For any further help feel free to contact

Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
794 votes
File a representation against that deduction in the pension department and also refer your mother’s ppo to check the correct pension amount. Moreover also ask her colleagues what they are getting, though it will differ because pension is based on variables.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."