Validity of a pending case after SC Judgement nullifying it.

As IT act section 66a has been struck down by SC . What to do in scenario of pending case in lower court and lower court is not taking note of it. Advice me with a suggestion which is low in cost

Answers (4)

322 votes

As IT act section 66A has been struck down by SC- it means that in that domain there exists no law and hence the matter cannot be adjudicated. Better is to withdraw the matter with liberty of re-filing it by using the existing provisions of IT act and re-filing the same. For more advise you can get back to us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

66 votes

You can download the Supreme court Judgement and give it to the judge in lower court. He is bound to accept that. There is no question he can avoids it. If you submit a judgement of supreme court or high court in a trial court, the judge is bound to accept that.

Popular Arbitration Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
86 votes

You can file the copy of judgement in the lower court and show it to judge. If not taken cognizance of, you can file a writ proceeding before High court having jurisdiction to restrain the lower court from passing any judgment against you and directions to take SC judgment in cognizance.

122 votes

The Hon'ble Supreme Court has struck down the Section 66a of the IT act which is in prospective in nature. Any proceedings after the judgment will not be maintainable. However it won't affect the pending proceedings. It is requested to pursue the same in the most effective manner.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles