One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Chandigarh - Advocate Sumeet Grover

Advocate Sumeet Grover

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoSector - 49D, Chandigarh
LawRato17 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Cheque Bounce, Consumer Court, Court Marriage, Criminal, Domestic Violence, Family, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate Sumeet Grover completed his law in the year 2007 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Cheque Bounce, Consumer Court, Criminal, Family, Property and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Sumeet enrolled with the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana in 2007. He is a member of the Punjab and Haryana High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : P/2233/2007
  • District Court, Chandigarh
  • District Court, Mohali
  • District Court, Panchkula
  • Punjab and Haryana High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Chandigarh

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Sumeet Grover. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Sumeet Grover

Q: Non payment of maintenance even after getting an order from court

Hi, this matter is related to The Maintenance and welfare of Senior Citizens and Parents Act 2007. The plaintiff filed an appeal in the court of SDM cum Tribunal for senior citizens. and SDM passed an order of maintenance in 2011, that respondent has to pay 1000 monthly to plaintiff. But respondent never paid a single amount till today. The plaintiff is senior citizen and she didn't appeal about non-payment of maintenance. But later she filed appeal again in SDM Court on May 2018. But SDM didn't pass any order yet. So I just want to know that Could she go to high court or seek directions from high court for action???

Advocate Sumeet Grover answered
Yes she can always go to high court for Comtept proceedings against the order passed by the court of SDM and get appropriate directions.However she alsobhas a remedy to approach SDM first and in case the SDM does not pass any order.She can approach high court with both the orders.

Q: Legality of marriage in Arya samaj

I want to get married secretly in Arya samaj without witness. I wants to keep it secret for some months . Is it possible. If yes then what should I do ?

Advocate Sumeet Grover answered
Marriage through arya samaj is valid .But since its a marriage you need to cohabit with your spouse.If you intend to marry just for the sake of marrying and not cohabiting or just for a formality.You will be committing a crime punishable for 10 years of imprisonment for faking marriage.

Q: Steps to Marry a Foreigner in India

Hello, I want to ask that how to marry a Russian woman in India who comes to India on a tourist visa.

Advocate Sumeet Grover answered
Since you are a resident of india. You just need to get married as per your customs in india and go to registrar marriage of the district where you live and where the marriage is solemnized. Fill the form after hiring a lawyer over there who can get the things simple for you .You need to have one witness from both sides. You also need to carry photographs and marriage certificate issued by temple /or invitation card .The witness should be the one present in marriage ceremonies, he or she can be even a close friend.

Q: Responsibility for theft of electricity committed in government office

Who will be responsible or nominated if theft of electricity is committed in Government office?

Advocate Sumeet Grover answered
The staff responsible to take case of wiring and electrical maintainance. As nobody can dare to steal or commit theft there without support or connivance of internal staff. The vicarious responsibility will be on the of the government office as it is his responsibility to take care of the conduct of staff. RegardsSumeet

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Sumeet Grover

Can Advocate Sumeet Grover represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Sumeet Grover can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Sumeet Grover?

When you meet with Advocate Sumeet Grover for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Sumeet Grover?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Sumeet Grover, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Sumeet Grover?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Sumeet Grover, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Sumeet Grover?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Sumeet Grover regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Sumeet Grover?

The cost of hiring Advocate Sumeet Grover can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.