One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Chandigarh - Advocate GS Ghuman

Advocate GS Ghuman

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 5.0 | 10+ user ratings
LawRatoPunjab and Haryana High court, Chandigarh
LawRato25 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Armed Forces Tribunal, Child Custody, Civil, Consumer Court, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Family, High Court, Labour & Service, R.T.I
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate GS Ghuman finished his Law in 1996 he started his practice from 8th Dec 1997 and has been providing services in various fields of law including but not limited to, Court Martials, Bail/ Anticipatory Bail, Family and Divorce cases, Civil matters, Criminal matters, War Injury and Pension/Disability Pension Matters consisting of disability element and service element, condition of service including promotions, leave, pension and pensionary benefits and Service Armed Forces Tribunal, Section 37 (mutiny) Matters, Writ Petition, Supreme Court and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Ghuman was commissioned in Armoured Corps in the year 1972 and has even successfully completed 3 years of training at the National Defence Academy and 1 year training at the Indian Military Academy (Dehradun). He has even been a defence counsel in Nayoma Mutiny Court Martials.

Advocate Ghuman is a member of the Punjab and Haryana High Court Bar Association and the Armed Forces Tribunal (Chandigarh Regional Bench) Bar Association. He deals extensively in matters at the Armed Forces Tribunal in Chandigarh and Jammu.  He has argued matters with great proficiency and has bagged several judgments in his favour, some of them being landmark judgments such as Amandeep Singh vs State of Punjab, Ex-Constable Amarjit Singh Vs UOI and Mangat Singh & Manjit Singh vs. State of Punjab. Apart from having great expertise in matters related to armed forces and war victims, he has vast knowledge and experience in matters related to matrimonial disputes, writ petitions, appeals and miscellaneous petitions as well. He has even extensively appeared in matters in the Supreme Court.

He has many years of professional experience in providing all kinds of legal consultancy and advisory services. All these years have led Adv. Ghuman to gain proficiency, not only in arguing before the Honorable Courts, but also in consulting clients and even in the art of drafting and pleading. He has been practicing in the Supreme Court, High Courts, Armed Forces Tribunals and all other forums.

  • Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) Chandigarh,
  • Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT), Jammu,
  • Punjab and Haryana High Court

Fill the form to get contact number of Advocate GS Ghuman

(Lawyer contact number will be sent to this number)

Popular Reviews

m nandal - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The Advocate helped me understand my situation and gave me advise on how to proceed.
3 weeks ago
m nandal - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer aided me in comprehending my legal matter and provided the right guidance on how to continue.
3 weeks ago
Surinder Singh - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Very impressive,
1 month ago
Manu - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Advocate GS Ghuman has a great reputation in this field for handling cases such as mine. Under Adv.GS Ghuman's guidance I was able to understand and resolve my legal issue. With respect to my legal matter, the lawyer helped me in making the right decision.
1 month ago
Anilkalra - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer advised me into taking the correct path.
1 month ago
Atul Kumar - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer proved to be knowledgeable about the legal challenges that I was dealing with.
1 month ago
Harish Kumar - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
It was an awesome experience with sir g s ghuman
1 month ago
Jaswinder lal singh - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer was able to resolve the legal issues that I had. The lawyer understood and handled my legal situation very well. The legal guidance that the lawyer imparted to me, efficaciously settled my legal matter.
1 month ago
Vivek Vyas - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer correctly advised me on the merits of my case. I was guided into taking the right path set by Adv.GS Ghuman.
1 month ago
Harsh Vardhan - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Advocate GS Ghuman's expertise helped me gain insight and look at the legal issue in a new light. I obtained the necessary legal assistance by the lawyer, as a result of which I was able to make informed decisions. The lawyer assisted me in making the right choice with regards to my legal situation.
1 month ago

Questions Answered by Advocate GS Ghuman

Q: Husband wants to get separated but I want to stay with him

Sir/ mam My husband is living in Australia from the last 4 years We get married on 21/3/2017 in the precence of all my family members and near dear After 2 months of our mariage my husband returned back to australia to join his college becz he was on study visa that time After some time he applied for my spouse visa in sep 2017 After that he gave me so much excuses about my visa And now he said that he is in relationship from last 7 months, the girl is an Australian And she is pregnant also Now my husband wants to separate from me . Bt I don’t want to give him divorce .I want him back in India .So what should I do ? Pls suggest me via mail . We both are Hindu family 

Advocate GS Ghuman answered
Dear petitioner,Was your marriage registered? What proof do you have of your being married to the said husband, in presence of the family members? Is any member of the husband's near family, i.e. father, mother, sister, brother and brother-in-law residing in India and were present at the marriage? After reading the documentary evidence, you shall have the under-mentioned options to sue your husband:- (a) File a complaint before the Police for cheating and criminal intimidation, so that, FIR is registered against the husband and the relatives, who have abetted the crime. (b) File a complaint before Chief Judicial Magistrate under protection of women against domestic violence. (c) File a complaint under Section 125 of Code of Criminal Procedure for maintenance. (d) File a civil suit for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Q: Responsibility for theft of electricity committed in government office

Who will be responsible or nominated if theft of electricity is committed in Government office?

Advocate GS Ghuman answered
Section 135 of the Electricity Act, 2003, provides offences and penalties for theft of electricity. It is a cognizable by virtue of amendment to Section 175. Authority AIR 2007 (NOC) 176 (DB). FIR is registered and is a criminal offence and not a civil offence. A criminal is liable for punishment which may exceed three years or fine or both for theft of energy. As regards, the query, that as to who would be responsible for theft in the Government Office. It is the head of the department or the nominated official by such a department. Rest on telephone. GS Ghuman, Advocate.


Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate GS Ghuman

Can Advocate GS Ghuman represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate GS Ghuman can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate GS Ghuman?

When you meet with Advocate GS Ghuman for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate GS Ghuman?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate GS Ghuman, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate GS Ghuman?

During your initial consultation with Advocate GS Ghuman, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate GS Ghuman?

It is important to communicate with Advocate GS Ghuman regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate GS Ghuman?

The cost of hiring Advocate GS Ghuman can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.