One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee

Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.3 | 25+ user ratings
LawRatoPark Street, Kolkata
LawRato11 years Experience
Practice Areas
Arbitration, Banking / Finance, Bankruptcy / Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Cheque Bounce, Consumer Court, Corporate, High Court, Labour & Service, Landlord/Tenant, Media and Entertainment, NCLT, Patent, Property, Recovery, RERA, Startup, Succession Certificate, Trademark & Copyright
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee graduated from School of Law, Christ University(Bangalore) and enrolled with the Bar in 2013. He regularly appears before the High Court at Calcutta and other courts of Civil Jurisdiction.

He has an extensive practice before Debt Recovery Tribunal(DRT), National Company Law Tribunal(NCLT). Also, his practice areas include company law, start up consultancy, banking laws, property laws, recovery proceedings, arbitration, cheque bounce disputes. He has also appeared in writ proceedings of various nature(commercial, cooperative, service, executive inaction) before the Hon'ble High Court.

In a short span of years Advocate Banerjee has gained experience in issues relating to share holders dispute, recovery, transfer of property, partition, insolvency proceedings, cooperative laws, service disputes. He has been breifed to appear for some distinguished clients which include Tata Steel, Calcutta Stock Exchange, Jai Jute, Usha Martin, Bharat Paints and Chemicals among others.

Advocate Banerjee is also a retainee advocate for IT companies like Thinktel Pvt. Ltd and the proposed National Blockchain Corporation of India.
He has expert knowledge of e-commerce and cyber law practices in India.

Advocate Saptarshi enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal in 2013. He is a member of the Kolkata Bar Association and also a member of the Bar Library Club of High Court at Calcutta.

Enrollment Number : WB/647/2013
  • Calcutta High Court
  • City Civil Court, Kolkata
  • Kolkata Consumer Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kolkata

Popular Reviews

Sanjib Manna - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer provided me with sound advice.
3 weeks ago
Anil Kumar Narang - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Consultation was very good and satisfying. It was nice meeting with him.thanks and regards.
1 month ago
Laltu Dhali - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I'm happy with the consultation, my problem has been resolved now. He was knowledgeable and advised me properly.
1 month ago
D.Das - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The consultation was very good and helpful.
1 month ago
Suryaday Kundu - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The consultation went very good, suggestions provided by the advocate was of great help.
1 month ago
Jai - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I was satisfied with the consultation and his advise. Also, I might go ahead with him if there will be any further requirement.
1 month ago
Akash Jaiswal - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer helped me in taking the right decision going forward.
2 months ago
Swarup - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The advocate is energetic , knowledgeable and helpful.
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee

Q: Need advice on buying property

I am planning to purchase a flat from another person who had purchased the flat from the government. Basically the flat is taken leased from the government. Can I buy this property legally ?

Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee answered
Depends on the lease deed with the govt. You are advised to meet a lawyer with the lease deed and if need be to conduct a searching of the title deed through your lawyer. That should be as much safe as you can be.

Q: How to get compensation for delay in possession

Hi, I bought a resale flat in January and i had payed the 50% amount of the total cost of the flat. But the Seller could not give possession as the Original Deed of sale had to rectified as there was typing error regarding the position of the flat. And which they delayed for 4 months. can i ask for compensation for the delay in possession to the seller?

Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee answered
Consumer forum is your best option. Kindly file a complaint on the state consumer forum website. They will try to mediate at first. In case tge duspute does not end there you may neef to approach the consumer forum with a lawyer or in person

Q: Cheated by my a company as an investor

Hi Team, My uncle started a Pvt Ltd company in 2013 and he was trying to take multiple loans against same property. He got caught and he needed money immediately at that time to clear his previous loan and he ask me to invest in his company. I gave him more than 20 Lacs into company's accounts. Its been more than 3 years, he neither gave me any share nor ready to return my money. I took personal loan for him. Unfortunatly I came to know that my money has been shown in audit as a borrower. Other side he also took my fathers pension money by emotional blackmailing. Also other share holders has been cheated by him. My father has shares in the company but he gets nothing. Please help and suggest me how get my money back. I have planed like below. 1. File a case under MCA ( But confused whether I should file case as a investor, creditor, Deposit holder, etc and under what Corporate fraud, management dispute. 2. File a case FIR of cheating to the local police station.

Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee answered
You have multiple remedies available at your disposal and the best part is some of it can go on parallely. That is to say you can take legal recourse on more than one front at the same time. The first one is a must and is most effective. You must file a fir and let the police do its job. Secondly the criminal proceedings will also help you in your civil actions.The two different forms of civil action available to you are through the NCLT (NATIONAL COMPANY LAW TRIBUNAL).You may either go for insolvency proceedings against his company or you may sue him as a shareholder in a case of mismanagement and oppression. In your case it sounds like both are available to you. But the best atrategy can be ascertained only after one sees the papers. You must meet a lawyer asap with all the relevant documents.

Q: What is the registration fee for adding a partner in partnership deed

how much registration fee required when add a new partner in a partnership deed

Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee answered
You cant add a new partner in a partnership deed unless it has been provided for in the partnership deed itself. You have to draft a new partnership deed then. However if the partnership deed provides for it as such then there is a particular deed that has to be executed in the prescribed format.The charges will depend on the city and the lawyer.

Q: Right of daughter`s daughter in grand mothers ancestral property

The property is an old house in kolkata which is in the mane of the mother(M) who has passed away leaving behind 3 sons & 1 daughter a long ago. The daughter was married off in the year 1938, thereafter she died leaving her daughter(X) behind who eventually also died leaving behind her daughter(Y). Now we are planning to sell the house. The question is weather Y & her husband have any claim on the property or not? If yes what should be her percentage share. We are governed by Hindu Laws.

Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee answered
It is impossible to respond unless we have a complete family chart. Under the Hindu Succession Act there are classes of relationships who qualify as heirs. You will have to meet a lawyer with the entire family chart and only then will the lawyer be able to confirm the list of current heirs in interest.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee

Can Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee?

When you meet with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee?

The cost of hiring Advocate Saptarshi Banerjee can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.