One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Mousomee Shome

Advocate Mousomee Shome

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.7 | 50+ user ratings
LawRatoDelta House , Government Place, Kolkata
LawRato10 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Arbitration, Cheque Bounce, Civil, Consumer Court, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Labour & Service, Recovery
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Mousomee Shome is enrolled with Bar Council of Calcutta in the year 2013 and having an experience of six years at the Bar. She has attained proficiency with fair degree of success in pleadings, arguments, art of representation and meticulous adherence to procedure.

She has completed her B.A.LL.B. from Calcutta University and she also has LLM degree in Constitutional Laws.

Advocate Mousomee Shome also regularly appears in variety of matters in different forums apart from Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta i.e. different Tribunals like Consumer, Service Tribunals, Debt Recovery Tribunals, Industrial Tribunal, Family Court etc.

Advocate Mousomee Shome is also the Hony. Secretary of Youth Bar Association of India (West Bengal Wing) which an organisation of Young Lawyers working for the welfare of the society.

She regularly appears before Hon’ble High Court Calcutta in various writ matters related to service including retiral benefits, land, Police inaction, First Appeal, Second Appeal, Appeals from service tribunals, criminal revision etc.

She has conducted all types of Civil, Criminal, Divorce, maintenance, child custody, property, arbitration, consumer related cases. She has appeared and conducted various kinds of litigations relating to Consumer Services and deficiencies including landmark Housing projects before the District Forums, State Commissions and also appeared in Banking matters like SBI, RBI etc. before Courts, Debt Recovery Tribunal, Appellate Debt Recovery Tribunal.

She is enrolled with the Bar from 2013 and is a member of Bar Association of High Court, Calcutta.

Enrolment Number: WB/2073/2013

  • Calcutta High Court,
  • City Civil Court, Kolkata,
  • District Court, Alipore

Fill the form to get contact number of Advocate Mousomee Shome

(Lawyer contact number will be sent to this number)

Popular Reviews

Tanumay Banerjee - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Sir is an empathetic listener. With his impeccable knowledge on the subject guided me wisely. His authenticity speaks in his legal guidance.
Over 3 months ago
Dipak Ghosh - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Profound understanding of the legal sections and walking me through the subject related to my case has increased my respect for him in many folds. Thanks to LawRato for making us meet such great lawyers through this platform.
2 months ago
Manoj aggarwal - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
One of the Best lawyers i have seen so far !Impressive part is he will make use of Client time & perfect planning with productive work !Analysis is too good & Problem solving skills are high in par.
2 months ago
Amrin khatun - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He is very courteous and attentive. The solution suggested was constructive and custom suited to us.
2 months ago
Avi Saxena - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
he is not money minded lawyer he will think of the party's situation and guide accordingly
Over 3 months ago
Sumali Banerjee Debn - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He is a very dedicated nd experienced lawyer. The team responds quickly. Overall nice experience, got my issue resolved from this wise man
Over 3 months ago
Sudeshna Samanta - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He has given me right direction for the divorce case where my previous lawyer didn't work out well ..
Over 3 months ago
San - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He explained all the details very clearly and heard my concern and provided me the right solution.
Over 3 months ago
SIBSANKAR MONDAL - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I obtained the necessary legal assistance by the lawyer, as a result of which I was able to make informed decisions.
2 weeks ago
Sudipto Mukhopadhyay - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Helped me in right direction so far
2 weeks ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Mousomee Shome

Q: HRA not provided by railway What legal action can I take

Sir, We are working in nf railway ,katihar division.we have applied for railway accommodation but it was not provided even quarters was vacant due to laziness of some we are asking for HRA but railway is refusing to pay saying that it couldn't provided as quarters were vacant.due to the mistake of some officer we are suffering. Whether any PIL can be filed or any other way to get our due salary.

Advocate Mousomee Shome answered
It is advisable to file a writ petition against the authority.But before any proceedings, make a representation to the authority regarding the same. As you are rightfully entitled to get a quarter during the service and when they are not providing you the quarte,r you are entitled to get the HRA against the same. Take advice of a lawyer for further proceedings.

Q: Criminal case compromised out of court do i need to disclose it in job

,I was charged with 323, 341 and 34 in my college life by a senior and charge sheet was issued.I got summon from the court and I attended the court on due date.Then,the court sent summon to the witnesses of the opposition.But, I decided to stop the case and talked with the main complainant to withdraw the case.The complainat was agreed and he came with me to the court and withdrew his complaint.I was therefore acquitted on 'Out-of-court' settlememt .Now,my question is,in govt. Job verification form What should I write to answer the question, 1)Have you ever been prosecuted?

Advocate Mousomee Shome answered
I would advice you to disclose the same as the matter has ben already settled outside the court.There are several judgments of the apex court where it has been held that a criminal case alone cannot be a ground to restrain a man from applying in government service.As s.323 is non cognizable offence. Suppression of such information is not advisable.

Q: How can I claim family pension

A Govt. pensioner got her pension and all retiring benefit after her retirement on 2008. As there was no nomination and/or any mention of husband in any where of her service book, family pension was not issued at that time. Subsequently, a man has submitted a claim as husband of the said pensioner for his post-retrial marriage with her. But he could not submit marriage certificate or any valid document like legal hair certificate etc except voter card and one gift deed made by the pensioner in his favour as husband in support of his claim. Now, My query - Is he eligible for family pension ?

Advocate Mousomee Shome answered
Acc to the pension Rules - Every govt.servant has to confirm in intial confirmation of his service in form 1 or 2 about the persons being nominated for death gratuity or other benefits.Unless the names are reflected in such form no person can claim such benefits inspite of being a family member. So acc. to your statement the alleged person's name is not reflected anywhere in the service book or nomination form.Which means his claims are baseless and unreasonable.

Q: What will be the minimum working hours and minimum salary of employees

I am running garments shop which is around 200 sq ft?I have 4 employees.My question is how much time will my employee give me for the whole day?Is there any time limit?What is the minimum salary will I pay per day?I am a Hindu by religion

Advocate Mousomee Shome answered
First of all you did not mention in which state you own this shop or carrying out this business. Shop and Estb Act has strict provisions regarding the working hours.Which says as follows - That a young person shall not be required to work for more than 7 hours in a day or more than 40 hours in a week with an hour break after a continous work for 4 hours but not more than that. The National floor level of minimum wages has been increased to rs.160 p/d from july 2015.


Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Mousomee Shome

Can Advocate Mousomee Shome represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Mousomee Shome can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Mousomee Shome?

When you meet with Advocate Mousomee Shome for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Mousomee Shome?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Mousomee Shome, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Mousomee Shome?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Mousomee Shome, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Mousomee Shome?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Mousomee Shome regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Mousomee Shome?

The cost of hiring Advocate Mousomee Shome can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.