One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary

Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 5.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoB. B. D. Bagh, Kolkata
LawRato13 years Experience
Practice Areas
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Abhijit provides services in various fields of Consumer related Matters, Trademark & Copyright Matters, Divorce Matters, Property Matters, Criminal Matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Abhijit enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal in 2011. He is a member of Calcutta High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : F/893/710/2011
  • Himachal Pradesh High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kolkata

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary

Q: College refusing to give last semester result, how to obtain legally?

i am a b.ed final year student of a private college(burdwan university).college management refuse to give my last two semesters result .what can i do?

Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary answered
Give the college a letter in writing demanding your result within a weeks time from the date of receipt of the notice issued by you. In the event they do not issue inspite of receiving a letter from you issue a legal notice through a lawyer. I am sure the college cannot withold your results unless there is any dues and claims from you. That thereafter if that does not work out file a complaint under section 200 of the CRPC and i am sure they would then hand over the same if the court directs.

Q: How to respond to legal notice

My father in law send a legal notice to her daughter to vacant his house within 15 days.what should I do.i am Hindu .

Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary answered
Ask her to file immediately a case for injunction and further an application under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. This will protect both of your interest in the firtst application you will get stay and the other will determine your rights.

Q: Will new surname due to marriage create problem for higher study?

Before marriage my full name was . After marriage , I have changed my surname to  as per my husband's surname. My marriage is registered according to HINDU marriage act. In my marriage certificate my name is mentioned as "SUDIPTA ROY nee GHOSH" . In my new voter card , PAN card ,Aadhaar card , I have changed my name as Sudipta ROY with help of marriage certificate. But all my academic documents (till date) has my maiden name . 1)Is marriage certificate sufficient to legalize and recognize the change of my surname (due to marriage) ? 2) If I want to pursue higher study what is correct way to write my name - The changed name (Sudipta Roy) OR the old name (Sudipta Ghosh) as per the previous academic record? 3) Do I need to change my surname in previous academic certificates issued by C.G. Board? 4) For Higher study If I want to go abroad with my new name ,but with academic certificates with previous surname , will it create any problem?

Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary answered
No it will not , it depends of what name you have signed as in the marriage certificate, in case you have not got your marriage registered under Hindu Marriage Act then you can use your maiden name. It is important that while filling up any form you have not suppressed any facts like you are married or not there is no mandate that you have to use the surname of your matrimonial side.

Q: Clarification on place of filing case regarding child custody

I am a divorcee with two children(both are staying with my ex wife now). We use to live in Kolkata before divorce and both the children are born in Kolkata and has birth certificate with my name as their Father. After Divorce, My wife remarried a guy and settled in Mumbai. She changed their Father's name from my name to her new husband's name(Which i got to know through RTI, Kolkata), without taking my consent and without adopting them. I would like to know, If i can file a case in Kolkata High Court or if not then under which jurisdiction the case can be filed. Please Advice as your advice will be of great help.

Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary answered
you need to file the case in the place either the child reside or the mother reside. The main consideration is on the place where the child reside as per the childs and wards act. so you will need to move the Mumbai Local court within whose jurisdiction the children reside.

Q: Illegal possession of house by promoter what can be done

My father want to give out ground floor 2 room on lease and license basis. In search he find one person who has building promoting business and want the room for his client. The promoter agrees to take the room on leave and license basis for his one of client and promoter will pay the leave and linsence charges for his cleint for an agreed period of 11 months. In good gesture father allow his client ( mother and daughter) to enter the room before agreement. But after entering the room promoter not willing to do agreement and also not paying as agreed value and also not vacant the room. Promoter totally chated my father. Please advice what to do now....

Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary answered
Dear Please do the following in order to get appropriate relief:in the absence of the occupiers lock the door and file a complaint against the illegal occupiers. This will create your absolute right and help u regain possession.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary

Can Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary?

When you meet with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary?

The cost of hiring Advocate Abhijit Chowdhary can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.