One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar

Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoDolna Bari, Kolkata
LawRato20 years Experience
Practice Areas
Civil, Consumer Court, Divorce, Documentation, Domestic Violence, High Court, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar completed his law in the year 2003 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Property, Divorce, Civil, Consumer Court, Documentation and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Abhijeet enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal in 2003.

Enrollment Number : F/486/2003

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kolkata

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar

Q: Can father give half share of property to son, right of survivorship

My father own a house in Kolkata as a sole owner, can he gift 50% share of the property as a joint ownership with right of survivorship to me. We are Hindu by religion.

Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar answered
Yes, he can gift his half share in the property to you by executing and registering a Deed of Gift in your favour. You will become the owner of 50% share instantly. Subsequently, your father can also execute a WILL in respect of the remaining half. Settlement Deed can also be a option.

Q: Mother transferred the property to brother's name sister wants share

Dear Sir, if a brother transfers a will from the mother on his name. Will the sisters won't be able to get any part of that property?

Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar answered
Assuming that there shall be no provision for the sisters in the WILL-The sisters may or may not get any part of the property depending upon the fate of the Testamentary Litigation which would definitely arise in your case.If the brother obtains a WILL from the mother, he will not become the owner of the property instantly. After the demise of your mother, he shall have to apply for the grant of probate of the WILL before the District Judge/Delegate's Court and the sisters will get notice from the Court for appearance and objections, if any.If your appear in the Court and give consent or support the WILL, probate will be granted to the brother and the sisters get nothing. Or else, the sisters may challenge the WILL and contest the case further accordingly.If the WILL proves to be an invalid document, probate will not be granted to the brother and then the sisters can definitely have something to cheer upon. The property shall become a subject-matter of partition.

Q: Legal procedure to transfer shop to son with all relevant documents.

i have a shop .i want to make such documents so that my son do not face any problem after me.

Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar answered
Assuming that there might be other legal heirs (e.g. wife) after your demise, In such case, there are three possible ways-You can gift the shop room to your only son (or preferred heir) by executing and registering a Deed of Gift.ORYou can also execute and register a Settlement Deed but Stamp Duty cost will be much higher.ORYou can execute a Will.Considering all aspects, Gift will be the safest and hassle-free option.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar

Can Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar?

When you meet with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar?

The cost of hiring Advocate Abhijeet Mazumdar can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.