Removal of son's name as co-owner of property
I own two properties in Delhi, which are occupied by my two sons. Each property is under mine, my wife's and the respective son's name. I wish to revoke their ownership rights from both the properties. In all circumstances, they will not concede to my wishes. What is the legal way for me to go forward? I also wish to list these properties in my Will to my two grandson's after they reach the age of 21, and wish to give no rights except being a guardian to my sons. Please guide me. I have no will in place currently, my age is 75 and wife's age is 70.
You cannot revoke ownership right of your sons. Each son has 1/3rd share in each of the properties. You can make a will bequeathing your 1/3rd share in both properties to your 2 grandsons. Similarly your wife can bequeath her 1/3rd share in the properties to the grandsons.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother claiming on property purchased in my name
- How to cancel power of attorney from USA
- Did not enter into agreement but consultant asking for compensastion
- Inlaws changed my name forcefully with out my consent
- suing my ex-employer on grounds of gender discrimination