quesHow are parental & maternal property to be partitioned

My mother's father and his brothers inherited a piece of property and all of them are deceased without leaving a WILL.

Secondly my mother's father has also built a house and died without making a WILL. How are these properties to be shared and partitioned. My mother's brothers are acting funny and are not giving her the share in the said property.

  • ansThe maternal property is to be equally divided between your mother and all her siblings. Your mother may serve a lawyer's notice upon her siblings and then follow it up by filing a case for property division in the court.

    Similarly in regards to the paternal property, it belongs equally to all the shareholders including your mother. She can thus pull out her shares in the manner.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

How does inherit property different from ancestral property. and does my daughter-in-law have any right…
My grandfather was two sons & three daughters. Only the younger son was living with…

hi my father want to transfer his property to her daughter in law pls tell…

is it possible for a man to write a will against his wife's ownership of…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly