Can Will be contested if it does not contain witness clause?
Is the Will valid if it does not contain the clause mentioning that the executor attested the Will in presence of the witnesses?
Can the Will be admitted for probate? Can anyone contest the Will in absence of the clause for Witnesses even if affidavits are given by the witnesses?
Will is valid and cannot be contested only for non-completion of formalities till the basic requirements of making a Will are fulfilled.
Yes, the Will can be filed for probate.
Regarding your query about contesting the Will.
It can be anytime contested but it cannot be contested on the ground that you mentioned.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Society members not sharing flat maintenance details what can be done
- MOU vs Agreement for sale of Property?
- Husband threatening to give divorce and defaming me
- Person gave me cheque now claiming that i have stolen it
- Received Property through POA how to transfer it