Parking issues in a residential area.
We are residents of XYZ Apartments having total 7 No of flats. There are three shops on the ground floor which were originally defined as garages but changed to shops at a later stage. In our registry owner has added a line that we can park our cars in non working hours but he never told us that these garages will be used as shops Now Shopkeepers are creating problem to us and are not allowing us to park our cars. They are parking their cars whereas it is clearly written in their registry that they can not park their cars in this area and this area belongs to seven flat owners. Only problem is of non working hours mentioned in registry Moreover there is a road in front of their shops which is appx more than 20 feet away from their shops.
They are not allowing us to park our cars on that road also. Whereas in the market area there is just little space in front of all the shopkeepers and they do not create problems for parking. Sir can you tell us please , if they can stop us in parking our cars on that road which is 20 feet away from their shops. One of the shopkeeper's wife is working in Home guard depart not on a big post perhaps just on daily wage. but she gets influence on police and creates problem for us. What should be done?
You can't be stopped from parking on road. Only if it has been declared as no parking zone then only you cant park cars in road. File RTI application to find out restrictions laid down for parking in your area. File writ petition in HC if you don't receive justice .
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I recover my incentives from my ex employer
- Advise on house share percentage/ amount legally is my son eligible.
- Dismissed from service for making complaint against senior
- Born in India. Parents not Indian. How to get Indian citizenship?
- Father missing for 9 years. Can we sell his property?