Hospital not dislosing information in RTI. What to do?
My brother was admitted in government hospital. But sadly he expired. We then had filed an RTI, but the hospital replied that they cannot disclose as per Sec 8 1(e) of RTI ACT 2005. What can i do know?
You can file a complaint to Chief Information Officer, for appropriate action.
Government Hospitals are covered under RTI Act., if they are avoiding it as per a Supreme Court ruling every hospital has to provide all details of the treatment to the patient or his family/heirs (particularly in case of death of patient)
You can send a Legal Notice if they would not comply then file a case in District Consumer Forum for deficiency of service and medical negligence by claiming compensation.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Possible legal action against my son-in-law for harassing my daughter?
- What is the procedure for divorce.
- Reasons to reject order 7 rule 11
- Landlord refusing to return security amount beacuse of false reasons
- Bank blocked my card and changed interest charges. How to recover dues