quesHospital not dislosing information in RTI. What to do?

My brother was admitted in government hospital. But sadly he expired. We then had filed an RTI, but the hospital replied that they cannot disclose as per Sec 8 1(e) of RTI ACT 2005. What can i do know?

  • ansYou can file a complaint to Chief Information Officer, for appropriate action.

    Government Hospitals are covered under RTI Act., if they are avoiding it as per a Supreme Court ruling every hospital has to provide all details of the treatment to the patient or his family/heirs (particularly in case of death of patient)

    You can send a Legal Notice if they would not comply then file a case in District Consumer Forum for deficiency of service and medical negligence by claiming compensation.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best R.T.I lawyers in India

Similar questions

According to Schedule B of the Acts & Statutes of Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,…

Sir/Madam, This week I travelled in SETC bus for which I have booked the ticket…

I have been asked to be present for hearing of first appeal personally or by…

My neighbour runs factory which is a source of noise and vibrations to my home.…

R.T.I Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Shamsher Garud

  Nariman Point
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Shrijan Shukla

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly