force to pay dues outstanding even before possession
We have purchase a 3 bhk flat at Hyderabad in the month of July'14. It is a gated community maintained by Sri Kalkaji layout Association. We are paying the maintenance amount from July'14 regularly. But they are asking us to pay the dues from 2010. Before occupying the house we have paid Rs.5400/- for old outstanding due. They sending notice that they are not supplying drinking and disconnect the power supply. Kindly suggest us we can go legally against association.
As you have paid Old Out standing due at the time of occupying the property, Issue legal notice to the Association for calling upon to give reasons why even after settlement of dues they are insisting on additional payment. If their reply is not satisfactory you can file complaint against them.
Whereas disconnection of water and electricity are criminal offence,if they do so then you can file a criminal case against them in Judicial Magistrate Court. You can also file a Declaration Suit in Civil Court and file a writ petition High Court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Who gets share in grandfather's property if we have step brothers
- What are the Bankruptcy laws in India
- what is difference between Divorce and Legal Seperation?
- Car parking right outside my house
- Son torturing me and claiming share in my property What can I do