Can I appeal in recovery suit without depositing the said amount?
I have filled an appeal in District court against the order of recovery of suit. But there I got a problem that they have to say, first I should deposit the order amount which was given by civil court, but I am not in position and also I do not want to pay.
Please give me your advice. If yes, then is there any way by which my appeal is accepted by senior court without paying the order amount.
No, you shall have to deposit the amount as specified in the decree to continue with the appeal. However, you can specify your reasons for not being in a financial position to deposit the said amount and in case you are able to establish that you are financially incapable of depositing the said amount, the Court may consider your appeal.
The Court in its discretion may allow the Appeal on deposit of half of the Decree amount.
We would like to mention that the mere fact that you do not want to deposit the said amount is not a criteria for you to seek relief from the Court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Me and boyfriend's grandmother are sister.Can we marry?
- Provident Fund Amount Fraudulently Missing
- Father dies intestate how will the property share be divided.
- How can i get the custody of child if wife is denying me to meet.
- want compensation as coin found in food bar which fractured my tooth