Can I appeal in recovery suit without depositing the said amount?

In Recovery Law

I have filled an appeal in District court against the order of recovery of suit. But there I got a problem that they have to say, first I should deposit the order amount which was given by civil court, but I am not in position and also I do not want to pay.

Please give me your advice. If yes, then is there any way by which my appeal is accepted by senior court without paying the order amount.

Answers (1)

195 votes

No, you shall have to deposit the amount as specified in the decree to continue with the appeal. However, you can specify your reasons for not being in a financial position to deposit the said amount and in case you are able to establish that you are financially incapable of depositing the said amount, the Court may consider your appeal.

The Court in its discretion may allow the Appeal on deposit of half of the Decree amount.

We would like to mention that the mere fact that you do not want to deposit the said amount is not a criteria for you to seek relief from the Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles