Younger brother bought property. Do i have any claim in his property?
My younger brother has bought a property and claims I have no right on this property. Before he bought the property I have been taking care of the entire household and his expenses while he has been saving up for this property. We had thought of clubbing in our money together to buy this property.
He even brainwashed our father and took him along to his house while our mother stays with me. What can I do now?
The property in concern which your brother bought has now become his self acquired property which gives you no right in it unless and until you can show that you have also made some part payment in it. This can be proved by proof of payments in the form of bank transfers, cheques, etc.
It would also help if you had entered into any kind of an agreement with your brother before the property was purchased – even a plain paper agreement / verbal agreement with witnesses would be good to challenge his sole ownership in the said property.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Fraudulent transaction from credit card which is issued a day before
- Bank sent me notice to pay all the EMI at the same time
- Can I marry to one foreign citizen in India
- What is starting time of adverse possession and evidence to prove it
- Provident fund put in mothers name by deceased brother