quesYounger brother bought property. Do i have any claim in his property?

My younger brother has bought a property and claims I have no right on this property. Before he bought the property I have been taking care of the entire household and his expenses while he has been saving up for this property. We had thought of clubbing in our money together to buy this property.


He even brainwashed our father and took him along to his house while our mother stays with me. What can I do now?


  • ans


    The property in concern which your brother bought has now become his self acquired property which gives you no right in it unless and until you can show that you have also made some part payment in it. This can be proved by proof of payments in the form of bank transfers, cheques, etc.


    It would also help if you had entered into any kind of an agreement with your brother before the property was purchased – even a plain paper agreement / verbal agreement with witnesses would be good to challenge his sole ownership in the said property.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

A 3storyed Apartment in Pragatinagar with 5 occupants.One flat owner (lady) is not paying maintenance…
sir/madam, As I heard that there is a new law came into existence that the…

Dear Sir/Madam I want to enquire if a private limited company can take on lease…

we are 4 brothers out of which 1 has died. my mother died interstate. now…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly