×

quesYounger brother bought property. Do i have any claim in his property?

My younger brother has bought a property and claims I have no right on this property. Before he bought the property I have been taking care of the entire household and his expenses while he has been saving up for this property. We had thought of clubbing in our money together to buy this property.

He even brainwashed our father and took him along to his house while our mother stays with me. What can I do now?

The property in concern which your brother bought has now become his self acquired property which gives you no right in it unless and until you can show that you have also made some part payment in it. This can be proved by proof of payments in the form of bank transfers, cheques, etc.

It would also help if you had entered into any kind of an agreement with your brother before the property was purchased – even a plain paper agreement / verbal agreement with witnesses would be good to challenge his sole ownership in the said property.