quesWhat to do if my partner cheated me in property bought jointly?

My case for a property fraud committed by my partner has been dismissed by the Dwarka court. Me and my partner had bought a joint property and I had given 50% of the amount by cheque / bank transfers wherein my partner fraudulently got the entire property registered in his name.


I have photocopies of all property document chain and original electricity meter conversion slip, property tax slips, etc. along with the payment proofs but the matter was dismissed by trial court and I am told the only option I have is to file a recovery case for the money paid.


What should I do now?


  • ans


    As you have stated that the case for property fraud has been dismissed, you can file an appeal against the said order which can be drafted by an Advocate. Just because the matter has been dismissed by the lower court does not mean that you do not have a remedy.


    In the alternative, yes you can file a recovery suit as well for claiming your money. 


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions


iam selling a commercial vacant plot ,the buyer is making an agreement of sale for…
My sister has bought some land in her name in Bihar. But My Sister's husband…
i) Flat purchased from the builder is not of the size claimed by the builder,…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly